Webinar on the Transition from Childhood to Adulthood
First MetabERN/SSIEM webinar collaboration: Transition from childhood to adulthood
Case 1 – PKU
Case 2 – Gaucher
Case 3 – Patient with learning difficulties, neurodegeneration
Case 4 – Patient at risk of acute decompensation
Second Webinar on the Transition from Childhood to Adulthood | Center of Inherited Metabolic Diseases CEMA UZA Belgium
Following on from the first webinar on the transition from childhood to adulthood, Work Package 7, in collaboration with the SSIEM, held a second webinar on the transition from childhood to adulthood in Inherited Metabolic Disorders.
The topics discussed were:
- Transitional care for adolescents and young adults with an inherited metabolic disease: the protocol used in CEMA Antwerp,
- Opportunities and practical problems encountered in the transition from pediatric to adult care: everything from independent adults to multidisciplinary care for adults in children’s bodies and minds. (The transition as organised in the Antwerp University Hospital, the opportunities and pitfalls in the organisation and the problems we encountered in the multidisciplinary care of patients with high medical or psychosocial demands in an adult ambulatory and hospitalisation care.)
Were you unable to join?
First Webinar Presentations
- The transition of individuals at risk of acute decompensation – Elaine Murphy
- SSIEM/MetabERN collaboration « Patient-Centred » Projects – Nadia Belmatoug
- The transition of a patient with neurodegeneration – Andrew Morris
- Transition in PKU – Karen van Wyk
Second Webinar Presentation
Transition in CEMA Antwerp – Ann Verhaegen and Elien Reats.